Nursing Home Abuse Attorney
Placing a parent, spouse or loved one in a nursing home is a gut-wrenching decision. Every person making the decision to place a loved one in a nursing home does so hoping that the nursing home will provide a proper level of care. In too many cases, however, nursing homes are unprepared or unwilling to deliver effective care. As a result, people in these facilities may be forced to endure horrific abuse or neglect. If you have reason to believe your loved one has been abused or neglected, an attorney will be instrumental in holding the nursing home accountable.
The Roper Firm, P.C., is fully invested in protecting the rights of those victimized by nursing home abuse or neglect. Nursing home litigation attorney Walt Roper is ready to take decisive action on your behalf. With more than two decades of experience, Walt has successfully resolved many cases.
Elder Neglect Lawyer Serving Families Across Texas
The Roper Firm, P.C., is able to help people harmed by any kind of neglect or abuse, including:
- Bedsores: Any time someone in a nursing home has a bedsore, it is likely evidence of negligence.
- Falls: Although falls are more common as people grow older, falls are often preventable. If someone you love was injured in a fall, the firm can look at what happened to see if the nursing home is responsible.
- Elopement or wandering: When people with dementia leave a nursing home without supervision, many bad things could happen.
- Malnutrition and dehydration: When individuals in a nursing home do not receive sufficient food or water, it can lead to compromised health or even death.
- Medication errors: Employees at nursing homes must take great care to make certain that each person in their care receives the proper dosage of medication. An overdose or failure to provide medication can have fatal results.
- Sexual or physical abuse: These incidents must be dealt with immediately and effectively.
However your loved one was injured, The Roper Firm, P.C., will fully investigate the cause of the injuries and how the nursing home failed to meet the accepted standard of care. In many instances, there will be evidence to show the nursing home violated state and/or federal laws. While most of these cases do settle prior to trial, Walt Roper prepares every case with the understanding that trial may be necessary to vindicate his clients’ rights. His methods have led to positive outcomes for families across Texas.
Contact The Roper Firm, P.C.
Call or complete the online contact form to schedule your free initial consultation.